I try not to blog unless what I am trying to convey could be interesting and cannot be found elsewhere. It is often about art (inspired by La Fée Culturelle) and often about looking at something very familiar at an unusual angle. It is not meant to be taken too seriously, just something to read over a coffee.
I have no professional knowledge of the subjects I write about, so please doubt, correct me if I am wrong, and leave your comments!
English is my third language, and this shows. Please let me know if you find any such issues.
I use Pinboard theme, see onedesigns.com for further details. I wanted to customise it a little, so I had created a child theme using this tutorial. I use Filezilla to manipulate my child theme files. I am using Google Analytics; to enable it, I have installed this WordPress plugin.
Tools I Use
- 1001 fonts and 1001 free fonts: both these websites are free, the allow to try fonts online;
- Pixlr Editor: my favorite image editor;
- Pic Monkey: it can rotate an image by an arbitrary angle;
- English @ StackExchange.com: English language forum;
- BrokenLinkCheck.com: it checks for the broken links;
- How to Cite Pictures: a very comprehensive pictures citing guide.
- Wikimedia commons – the biggest and the easiest to use.
- Museums digital collections, including The British Museum, The Royal Collection, Victoria and Albert Museum and The J. Paul Getty Museum.
- Art databases Artcyclopedia, Europeana collections, Réunion des Musées Nationaux – Grand Palais (in French), La Red Digital de Colecciones de Museos de España (in Spanish) and Bildindex (in German).